- The temperature on June 18, 1904 was between 11.6 °C and 17.8 °C and averaged 14.3 °C. There was 7.8 hours of sunshine (47%). The average windspeed was 4 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the west-northwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 1, 1901 to August 16, 1905 the cabinet Kuijper, with Dr. A. Kuijper (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1904: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.4 million citizens.
- January 23 » Ålesund Fire: the Norwegian coastal town Ålesund is devastated by fire, leaving 10,000 people homeless and one person dead. Kaiser Wilhelm II funds the rebuilding of the town in Jugendstil style.
- February 8 » Battle of Port Arthur: A surprise torpedo attack by the Japanese at Port Arthur, China starts the Russo-Japanese War.
- February 28 » S.L. Benfica is founded in Portugal.
- June 16 » Irish author James Joyce begins a relationship with Nora Barnacle and subsequently uses the date to set the actions for his novel Ulysses; this date is now traditionally called "Bloomsday".
- August 10 » Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of the Yellow Sea between the Russian and Japanese battleship fleets takes place.
- November 16 » English engineer John Ambrose Fleming receives a patent for the thermionic valve (vacuum tube).
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Palm
has been compiled by Jos Palm
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jos Palm, "Stamboom Palm", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-palm/I7847262.php : accessed November 30, 2022), "NN van den Berg (1904-1904)".