Timeline Jan de Kam
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname De Kam
- Take a look at the information available on Genealogie Online about the surname De Kam.
- Check the information Open Archives has about De Kam.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching De Kam.
Historical context (based on day of marriage September 20, 1872)
- The temperature on September 20, 1872 was about 13.7 °C. There was 2 mm of rain. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-southwest. The atmospheric humidity was 75%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- 'Koning Willem III' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as ' Koninkrijk der Nederlanden')
- In The Netherlands , there was from January 4, 1871 to July 6, 1872 the cabinet Thorbecke III, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- From July 6, 1872 till August 27, 1874 the Netherlands had a cabinet De Vries - Fransen van de Putte with the prime ministers Mr. G. de Vries Azn. (liberaal) and I.D. Fransen van de Putte (liberaal).
- In the year 1872: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4 million citizens.
- The crewless American ship Mary Celeste is found by the British brig Dei Gratia (the ship had been abandoned for nine days but was only slightly damaged).
- King Oscar II accedes to the throne of Sweden-Norway.
- Construction of the Seven Sisters Colliery, South Wales, begins; located on one of the richest coal sources in Britain.