Personal data Gerrit Steenhuis
- He was born on April 22, 1878 in Garsthuizen, Stedum, Groningen, Nederland.
- Birth registration on April 25, 1878.Source 1
- He died on February 27, 1964 in Middelstum, Groningen, Nederland, he was 85 years old.
- Death registration on February 28, 1964.Source 2
Ancestors (and descendant) of Gerrit Steenhuis
Household of Gerrit Steenhuis
He is married to Aaltje Broekhuizen on May 23, 1903 at Middelstum, Groningen, Nederland, he was 25 years old.Source 3
- (Not public)
Groninger archief, Geboorteakte: 18
Groninger archief, Overlijdensakte: 5
Groninger archief, Huwelijksakte: 15
Timeline Gerrit Steenhuis
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Steenhuis
- The temperature on April 22, 1878 was about 12.0 °C. There was 5 mm of rain. The air pressure was 5 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south-southeast. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 90%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1878: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- February 22 » In Utica, New York, Frank Woolworth opens the first of many of five-and-dime Woolworth stores.
- March 15 » Restoration of the Scottish Catholic hierarchy, broken off back in 1603.
- September 3 » Over 640 die when the crowded pleasure boat Princess Alice collides with the Bywell Castle in the River Thames.
- October 15 » The Edison Electric Light Company begins operation.
- October 22 » The Bramall Lane stadium sees the first rugby match played under floodlights.
- December 31 » Karl Benz, working in Mannheim, Germany, filed for a patent on his first reliable two-stroke gas engine, and he was granted the patent in 1879.
- The temperature on May 23, 1903 was between 9.6 °C and 22.1 °C and averaged 14.8 °C. There was 13.3 hours of sunshine (83%). Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 1, 1901 to August 16, 1905 the cabinet Kuijper, with Dr. A. Kuijper (AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1903: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.3 million citizens.
- January 9 » Hallam Tennyson, 2nd Baron Tennyson, son of the poet Alfred Tennyson, becomes the second Governor-General of Australia.
- March 14 » The Hay–Herrán Treaty, granting the United States the right to build the Panama Canal, is ratified by the United States Senate. The Senate of Colombia would later reject the treaty.
- June 16 » Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage, leaving Oslo, Norway.
- July 19 » Maurice Garin wins the first Tour de France.
- August 18 » German engineer Karl Jatho allegedly flies his self-made, motored gliding airplane four months before the first flight of the Wright brothers.
- December 30 » A fire at the Iroquois Theater in Chicago, Illinois kills at least 605.
- The temperature on February 27, 1964 was between 6.5 °C and 13.7 °C and averaged 9.3 °C. There was 0.6 mm of rain during 0.4 hours. There was 2.2 hours of sunshine (21%). The heavily clouded was. The average windspeed was 2 Bft (weak wind) and was prevailing from the south. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Juliana (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from September 4, 1948 till April 30, 1980 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 24, 1963 to April 14, 1965 the cabinet Marijnen, with Mr. V.G.M. Marijnen (KVP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1964: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 12.0 million citizens.
- March 1 » Villarrica Volcano begins a strombolian eruption causing lahars that destroy half of the town of Coñaripe.
- March 27 » The Good Friday earthquake, the most powerful earthquake recorded in North American history at a magnitude of 9.2 strikes Southcentral Alaska, killing 125 people and inflicting massive damage to the city of Anchorage.
- June 2 » The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) is formed.
- August 5 » Vietnam War: Operation Pierce Arrow: American aircraft from carriers USSTiconderoga and USSConstellation bomb North Vietnam in retaliation for strikes against U.S. destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin.
- August 16 » Vietnam War: A coup d'état replaces Dương Văn Minh with General Nguyễn Khánh as President of South Vietnam. A new constitution is established with aid from the U.S. Embassy.
- November 21 » Second Vatican Council: The third session of the Roman Catholic Church's ecumenical council closes.