- The temperature on October 14, 1897 was about 13.2 °C. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 85%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from May 9, 1894 to July 27, 1897 the cabinet Roëll, with Jonkheer mr. J. Roëll (oud-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 27, 1897 to August 1, 1901 the cabinet Pierson, with Mr. N.G. Pierson (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1897: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- April 18 » The Greco-Turkish War is declared between Greece and the Ottoman Empire.
- May 26 » Dracula, a Gothic horror novel by Irish author Bram Stoker, is published.
- July 11 » Salomon August Andrée leaves Spitsbergen to attempt to reach the North Pole by balloon. He later crashes and dies.
- August 10 » German chemist Felix Hoffmann discovers an improved way of synthesizing acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
- September 12 » Tirah Campaign: In the Battle of Saragarhi, ten thousand Pashtun tribesmen suffer several hundred casualties while attacking 21 Sikh soldiers in British service.
- December 6 » London becomes the world's first city to host licensed taxicabs.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Family tree Jan Werkman
has been compiled by Jan Werkman
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan Werkman, "Family tree Jan Werkman", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-jan-werkman/I10179.php : accessed September 27, 2023), "Jan Flonk (± 1896-1897)".