- The temperature on January 1, 1949 was between 2.1 °C and 8.0 °C and averaged 5.5 °C. There was 5.8 mm of rain during 4.6 hours. There was -0.1 hours of sunshine (0%). The average windspeed was 7 Bft (strong wind) and was prevailing from the south. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Juliana (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from September 4, 1948 till April 30, 1980 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 7, 1948 till March 15, 1951 the Netherlands had a cabinet Drees - Van Schaik with the prime ministers Dr. W. Drees (PvdA) and Mr. J.R.H. van Schaik (KVP).
- In the year 1949: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 9.9 million citizens.
- February 17 » Chaim Weizmann begins his term as the first President of Israel.
- February 19 » Ezra Pound is awarded the first Bollingen Prize in poetry by the Bollingen Foundation and Yale University.
- April 28 » The Hukbalahap are accused of assassinating former First Lady of the Philippines Aurora Quezon, while she is en route to dedicate a hospital in memory of her late husband; her daughter and ten others are also killed.
- August 5 » In Ecuador, an earthquake destroys 50 towns and kills more than 6,000.
- October 3 » WERD, the first black-owned radio station in the United States, opens in Atlanta.
- November 2 » The Dutch–Indonesian Round Table Conference ends with the Netherlands agreeing to transfer sovereignty of the Dutch East Indies to the United States of Indonesia.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Jacobs
has been compiled by M. Jacobs
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
M. Jacobs, "Stamboom Jacobs", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-jacobs/I63619.php : accessed December 5, 2021), "Huberta maria van Herwijnen (1873-1949)".