- The temperature on June 8, 1884 was about 14.6 °C. There was 0.1 mm of rain. The air pressure was 4 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the north-northwest. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 65%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from April 23, 1884 to April 21, 1888 the cabinet Heemskerk, with Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) as prime minister.
- In the year 1884: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- January 4 » The Fabian Society is founded in London, United Kingdom.
- February 1 » The first volume (A to Ant) of the Oxford English Dictionary is published.
- March 13 » The Siege of Khartoum begins. It lasts until January 26, 1885.
- June 16 » The first purpose-built roller coaster, LaMarcus Adna Thompson's "Switchback Railway", opens in New York's Coney Island amusement park.
- October 14 » George Eastman receives a U.S. Government patent on his new paper-strip photographic film.
- December 6 » The Washington Monument in Washington, D.C., is completed.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan Driessens , "Stamboom Driessens Zandvliet", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-driessens-zandvliet/I3934.php : accessed September 28, 2022), "Joanna Jans (1884-????)".