- Eigen onderzoek
- Eigen onderzoek
About the surname Van Strien
- The temperature on November 30, 1865 was about 5.5 °C. There was 3 mm of rain. The air pressure was 2 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the southwest. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 94%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1865: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- April 27 » The Sultana explodes and sinks in the United States' worst maritime disaster.
- May 17 » The International Telegraph Union (later the International Telecommunication Union) is established in Paris.
- October 11 » Hundreds of black men and women march in Jamaica, starting the Morant Bay rebellion.
- November 11 » Treaty of Sinchula is signed whereby Bhutan cedes the areas east of the Teesta River to the British East India Company.
- December 17 » First performance of the Unfinished Symphony by Franz Schubert.
- December 24 » Jonathan Shank and Barry Ownby form The Ku Klux Klan.
- 1858 » Jagadish Chandra Bose, Indian physicist, biologist, botanist, and archaeologist († 1937)
- 1863 » Andrés Bonifacio, Filipino activist and politician, co-founded Katipunan († 1897)
- 1866 » Andrey Lyapchev, Bulgarian politician, Prime Minister of Bulgaria († 1933)
- 1869 » Gustaf Dalén, Swedish physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate († 1937)
- 1869 » James Hamilton, 3rd Duke of Abercorn, English lawyer and politician, Governor of Northern Ireland († 1953)
- 1872 » John McCrae, Canadian physician, soldier, and poet († 1918)