- The temperature on October 28, 1880 was about 11.8 °C. There was 3 mm of rain. The air pressure was 10 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the southwest. The airpressure was 74 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 72%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1880: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 27 » Thomas Edison receives a patent for his incandescent lamp.
- May 11 » Seven people are killed in the Mussel Slough Tragedy, a gun battle in California.
- May 13 » In Menlo Park, New Jersey, Thomas Edison performs the first test of his electric railway.
- June 24 » First performance of O Canada at the Congrès national des Canadiens-Français. The song would later become the national anthem of Canada.
- July 27 » Second Anglo-Afghan War: Battle of Maiwand: Afghan forces led by Mohammad Ayub Khan defeat the British Army in battle near Maiwand, Afghanistan.
- November 11 » Australian bushranger Ned Kelly is hanged at Melbourne Gaol.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Theo de Goeij, "Stamboom De Goeij / Hendriks", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-de-goeij-hendriks/I531833.php : accessed January 30, 2023), "Neeltje Ligthart (1822-1880)".