- The temperature on October 21, 1898 was about 11.5 °C. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 97%. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- Regentes Emma (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1898 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from July 27, 1897 to August 1, 1901 the cabinet Pierson, with Mr. N.G. Pierson (unie-liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1898: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 5.1 million citizens.
- June 10 » Spanish–American War: In the Battle of Guantánamo Bay, U.S. Marines begin the American invasion of Spanish-held Cuba.
- August 23 » The Southern Cross Expedition, the first British venture of the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration, departs from London.
- August 24 » Count Muravyov, Foreign Minister of Russia presents a rescript that convoked the First Hague Peace Conference.
- September 2 » Battle of Omdurman: British and Egyptian troops defeat Sudanese tribesmen and establish British dominance in Sudan.
- October 14 » The steam ship SSMohegan sinks near the Lizard peninsula, Cornwall, killing 106.
- December 18 » Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat sets the first officially recognized land speed record of 39.245mph (63.159km/h) in a Jeantaud electric car.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Buiteman
has been compiled by Inge Buiteman
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Inge Buiteman, "Stamboom Buiteman", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-buiteman/I36290778646.php : accessed January 20, 2022), "Johannes Antonius van der Vorst (1873-????)".