- Stadhouder Prins Maurits (Huis van Oranje) was from 1585 till 1625 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden)
- In the year 1616: Source: Wikipedia
- January 12 » The city of Belém, Brazil is founded on the Amazon River delta, by Portuguese captain Francisco Caldeira Castelo Branco.
- February 26 » Galileo Galilei is formally banned by the Roman Catholic Church from teaching or defending the view that the earth orbits the sun.
- March 5 » Nicolaus Copernicus's book On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres is added to the Index of Forbidden Books 73 years after it was first published.
- March 20 » Sir Walter Raleigh is freed from the Tower of London after 13 years of imprisonment.
- July 11 » Samuel de Champlain returns to Quebec.
- October 25 » Dutch sea-captain Dirk Hartog makes the second recorded landfall by a European on Australian soil, at the later-named Dirk Hartog Island off the West Australian coast.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Stamboom Beltzer
has been compiled by A.E.M. (Ton) Beltzer
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
A.E.M. (Ton) Beltzer, "Stamboom Beltzer", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/stamboom-beltzer/I41258.php : accessed November 28, 2022), "Morand Beltzer (1616-????)".