Personal data Cornelis SMORENBURG
- He was born on January 16, 1843 in Langbroek, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Profession: Merchant, dairy farmer, Jachtopziener (game warden).
- He died on November 14, 1928 in Houten, Utrecht, The Netherlands, he was 85 years old.
- A child of Willem SMORENBURG and Aartje (Altje) van ZOOMEREN
- This information was last updated on November 30, 2020.
Image(s) Cornelis SMORENBURG
Matches in other publications
This person also appears in the publication:
Ancestors (and descendant) of Cornelis SMORENBURG
Household of Cornelis SMORENBURG
He is married to Petronella BONGERS.
on November 14, 1872
at Cothen, Utrecht, Netherlands
, he was 29 years old.
- Birth: HUA, Archief: 481, Registratienummer: 608-15; Aktenummer: 5. Bevolkingsregister Heemskerk, 1874-1891. Noord-Hollands Archief, Haarlem, Archive: 1032, Registration number: 672,
Timeline Cornelis SMORENBURG
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname SMORENBURG
- The temperature on January 16, 1843 was about -0 °C. Wind direction mainly south east. Weather type: half bewolkt sneeuw. Source: KNMI
De Republiek der Verenigde Nederlanden werd in 1794-1795 door de Fransen veroverd onder leiding van bevelhebber Charles Pichegru (geholpen door de Nederlander Herman Willem Daendels); de verovering werd vergemakkelijkt door het dichtvriezen van de Waterlinie; Willem V moest op 18 januari 1795 uitwijken naar Engeland (en van daaruit in 1801 naar Duitsland); de patriotten namen de macht over van de aristocratische regenten en proclameerden de Bataafsche Republiek; op 16 mei 1795 werd het Haags Verdrag gesloten, waarmee ons land een vazalstaat werd van Frankrijk; in 3.1796 kwam er een Nationale Vergadering; in 1798 pleegde Daendels een staatsgreep, die de unitarissen aan de macht bracht; er kwam een nieuwe grondwet, die een Vertegenwoordigend Lichaam (met een Eerste en Tweede Kamer) instelde en als regering een Directoire; in 1799 sloeg Daendels bij Castricum een Brits-Russische invasie af; in 1801 kwam er een nieuwe grondwet; bij de Vrede van Amiens (1802) kreeg ons land van Engeland zijn koloniën terug (behalve Ceylon); na de grondwetswijziging van 1805 kwam er een raadpensionaris als eenhoofdig gezag, namelijk Rutger Jan Schimmelpenninck (van 31 oktober 1761 tot 25 maart 1825).
This page is only available in Dutch.
- In the year 1843: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.1 million citizens.
- July 19 » Brunel's steamship the SSGreat Britain is launched, becoming the first ocean-going craft with an iron hull and screw propeller, becoming the largest vessel afloat in the world.
- August 15 » The Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace in Honolulu, Hawaii is dedicated. Now the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu, it is the oldest Roman Catholic cathedral in continuous use in the United States.
- September 21 » John Williams Wilson takes possession of the Strait of Magellan on behalf of the Chilean government.
- October 16 » William Rowan Hamilton invents quaternions, a three-dimensional system of complex numbers.
- November 28 » Ka Lā Hui (Hawaiian Independence Day): The Kingdom of Hawaii is officially recognized by the United Kingdom and France as an independent nation.
- December 16 » The discovery of octonions by John T. Graves, who denoted them with a boldface O, was announced to his mathematician friend William Hamilton, discoverer of quaternions, in a letter on this date.
- The temperature on November 14, 1872 was about 2.8 °C. There was 0.1 mm of rain. The air pressure was 10 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the east. The atmospheric humidity was 81%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from January 4, 1871 to July 6, 1872 the cabinet Thorbecke III, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- From July 6, 1872 till August 27, 1874 the Netherlands had a cabinet De Vries - Fransen van de Putte with the prime ministers Mr. G. de Vries Azn. (liberaal) and I.D. Fransen van de Putte (liberaal).
- In the year 1872: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 12 » Yohannes IV is crowned Emperor of Ethiopia in Axum, the first imperial coronation in that city in over 200 years.
- March 11 » Construction of the Seven Sisters Colliery, South Wales, begins; located on one of the richest coal sources in Britain.
- March 16 » The Wanderers F.C. won the first FA Cup, the oldest football competition in the world, beating Royal Engineers A.F.C. 1–0 at The Oval in Kennington, London.
- May 22 » Reconstruction Era: President Ulysses S. Grant signs the Amnesty Act into law, restoring full civil and political rights to all but about 500 Confederate sympathizers.
- November 9 » The Great Boston Fire of 1872.
- December 4 » The crewless American brigantine Mary Celeste, drifting in the Atlantic, is discovered by the Canadian brig Dei Gratia. The ship has been abandoned for nine days but is only slightly damaged. Her master Benjamin Briggs and all nine others known to have been on board are never accounted for.
- The temperature on November 14, 1928 was between 5.0 °C and 11.8 °C and averaged 8.7 °C. There was 0.9 mm of rain. There was 3.4 hours of sunshine (38%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the southwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from March 8, 1926 to August 10, 1929 the cabinet De Geer I, with Jonkheer mr. D.J. de Geer (CHU) as prime minister.
- In the year 1928: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 7.6 million citizens.
- May 3 » The Jinan incident begins with the deaths of twelve Japanese civilians by Chinese forces in Jinan, China, which leads to Japanese retaliation and the deaths of over 2,000 Chinese civilians in the following days.
- June 8 » Second Northern Expedition: The National Revolutionary Army captures Peking, whose name is changed to Beijing ("Northern Capital").
- August 27 » The Kellogg–Briand Pact outlawing war is signed by fifteen nations. Ultimately sixty-one nations will sign it.
- October 15 » The airship, Graf Zeppelin completes its first trans-Atlantic flight, landing at Lakehurst, New Jersey, United States.
- October 22 » Phi Sigma Alpha fraternity is founded at the University of Puerto Rico.
- November 18 » Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey's birthday.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
John I. Sontrop, "Sontrop-Oostveen Stamboom", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/sontrop-oostveen-stamboom/I485.php : accessed September 18, 2021), "Cornelis SMORENBURG (1843-1928)".