- The temperature on March 8, 1916 was between -1.6 °C and 3.7 °C and averaged 0.7 °C. There was 0.2 mm of rain. There was 2.2 hours of sunshine (19%). The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the east-southeast. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 29, 1913 to September 9, 1918 the cabinet Cort van der Linden, with Mr. P.W.A. Cort van der Linden (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1916: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 6.4 million citizens.
- January 12 » Both Oswald Boelcke and Max Immelmann, for achieving eight aerial victories each over Allied aircraft, receive the German Empire's highest military award, the Pour le Mérite as the first German aviators to earn it.
- April 29 » World War I: The UK's 6th Indian Division surrenders to Ottoman Forces at the Siege of Kut in one of the largest surrenders of British forces up to that point.
- June 1 » Louis Brandeis becomes the first Jew appointed to the United States Supreme Court.
- August 14 » Romania declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- November 5 » The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by the Act of 5th November of the emperors of Germany and Austria-Hungary.
- December 18 » World War I: The Battle of Verdun ends when German forces under Chief of staff Erich von Falkenhayn are defeated by the French, and suffer 337,000 casualties.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Jan Jaap Schoone, "Schoone-Strijk genealogie", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/schoone-strijk-genealogie/I30260.php : accessed December 6, 2021), "Neeltje KLEIJN (1896-1916)".