September 24, 1708 September 22, 1708
Born on Sunday September 23, 1708
- Adriana de Roij, Tilburg († 1708)
- Anna Van Haecht, Werchter, Brabant, Belgium († 1771)
- Anna Van Haeght, Werchter, 3118, België († 1771)
- Alexis Rouleau, Montréal Québec Canada († 1770)
- Anna PETEIJ, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Nederland († 1712)
- Annetje van den Broek, Maassluis, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
- adriana vaders, raamsdonk (noord brabant)
- BarenD Claasz van tol, Rotterdam
- Arijaantje Molenaar, Ridderkerk
- Apolonia Dircks (Pleuntje) van den Bos, Rijnsburg
Died on Sunday September 23, 1708
- Anna PETEIJ (3)
- Neeltje Warbouts Pijper (9)
- Charles Texier (1), Trancrainville, 28392, Eure-et-Loir, Centre, France
- ArenD Maartensz de Wit (51), Delfshaven
- Niesje Reijers, Hem,, Noord-Holland, Nederland
- Pieter Isaacsz STEENBERGEN (5)
- Catharina Ariens Vosmaer, Delft, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
- Adrianus HENDRICKX (68), Weelde
- Joanna Maria HAUTEKEETE (0), Zomergem,9930,Flandre Orientale,Flandre,BELGIQUE
- Catharina Adriaens Vosmaar, Delft, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Died on September 23
- 1571 » John Jewel, English bishop (b. 1522)
- 1573 » Azai Hisamasa, Japanese warlord (b. 1524)
- 1605 » Pontus de Tyard, French priest and poet (b. 1521)
- 1675 » Valentin Conrart, French author, founded the Académie française (b. 1603)
- 1728 » Christian Thomasius, German jurist and philosopher (b. 1655)
- 1738 » Herman Boerhaave, Dutch botanist and physician (b. 1668)
- 1764 » Robert Dodsley, English poet and playwright (b. 1703)
- 1773 » Johan Ernst Gunnerus, Norwegian bishop and botanist (b. 1718)
- 1789 » John Rogers, American lawyer and politician (b. 1723)
- 1835 » Vincenzo Bellini, Italian composer (b. 1801)
Names that were popular for boys in 1708
Names that were popular for girls in 1708
Van 1702 tot 1747 kende Nederland (ookwel Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden) zijn Tweede Stadhouderloze Tijdperk.
This page is only available in Dutch.
- March 11 » Queen Anne withholds Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill, the last time a British monarch vetoes legislation.
- March 23 » James Francis Edward Stuart lands at the Firth of Forth as part of the planned French invasion of Britain.
- September 11 » Charles XII of Sweden stops his march to conquer Moscow outside Smolensk, marking the turning point in the Great Northern War. The army is defeated nine months later in the Battle of Poltava, and the Swedish Empire ceases to be a major power.
- October 9 » Peter the Great defeats the Swedes at the Battle of Lesnaya.