December 31, 1670 December 29, 1670
Van 1650 tot 1672 kende Nederland (ookwel Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden) zijn Eerste Stadhouderloze Tijdperk.
This page is only available in Dutch.
- King Charles II of England grants a permanent charter to the Hudson's Bay Company to open up the fur trade in North America.
- In Dover, England, Charles II of Great Britain and Louis XIV of France sign the Secret Treaty of Dover.
- Henry Morgan captures Panama.
Died on December 30
- 1460 » Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York, claimant to the English throne (killed in battle) (b. 1411)
- 1896 » José Rizal, national hero of the Philippines, (executed) (b. 1861)
- 1937 » Hans Niels Andersen, Danish businessman, founder of the East Asiatic Company (b. 1852)
- 1947 » Alfred North Whitehead, English mathematician and philosopher (b. 1861)
- 1954 » Archduke Eugen of Austria, Austrian field marshal (b. 1863)
- 1968 » Trygve Lie, Norwegian politician, first United Nations Secretary General (b. 1896)
- 1993 » Irving "Swifty" Lazar, American Hollywood talent agent (b. 1907)
- 1994 » Dmitri Ivanenko, Russian physicist (b. 1904)
Names that were popular for boys in 1670
Names that were popular for girls in 1670