- The temperature on July 17, 1869 was about 14.6 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the north-northeast. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 85%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From June 4, 1868 till January 4, 1871 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Bosse - Fock with the prime ministers Mr. P.P. van Bosse (liberaal) and Mr. C. Fock (liberaal).
- In the year 1869: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- April 6 » Celluloid is patented.
- May 10 » The First Transcontinental Railroad, linking the eastern and western United States, is completed at Promontory Summit, Utah with the golden spike.
- August 2 » Japan's Edo society class system is abolished as part of the Meiji Restoration reforms.
- October 5 » The Hennepin Island tunnel collapses during construction, nearly destroying St. Anthony Falls.
- October 16 » The Cardiff Giant, one of the most famous American hoaxes, is "discovered".
- November 6 » In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rutgers College defeats Princeton University (then known as the College of New Jersey), 6–4, in the first official intercollegiate American football game.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Gezinsreconstructies Steenwijk
has been compiled by M. Hoogma
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
M. Hoogma, "Gezinsreconstructies Steenwijk", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/gezinsreconstructies-steenwijk/I115961.php : accessed January 27, 2023), "Jantje Westerhuis (1869-????)".