- The temperature on November 26, 1877 was about 1.6 °C. There was 2 mm of rain. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 94%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 27, 1874 till November 3, 1877 the Netherlands had a cabinet Heemskerk - Van Lijnden van Sandenburg with the prime ministers Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) and Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (AR).
- In The Netherlands , there was from November 3, 1877 to August 20, 1879 the cabinet Kappeijne van de Coppello, with Mr. J. Kappeijne van de Coppello (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1877: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- January 1 » Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom is proclaimed Empress of India.
- May 5 » American Indian Wars: Sitting Bull leads his band of Lakota into Canada to avoid harassment by the United States Army under Colonel Nelson Miles.
- June 15 » Henry Ossian Flipper becomes the first African American cadet to graduate from the United States Military Academy.
- July 14 » The Great Railroad Strike of 1877 began in Martinsburg, West Virginia, when wages of Baltimore and Ohio Railroad workers were cut for the third time in a year. The strike was ended on Sept 4 by local and state militias, and federal troops.
- November 29 » Thomas Edison demonstrates his phonograph for the first time.
- December 10 » Russo-Turkish War: The Russian Army captures Plevna after a 5-month siege. The garrison of 25,000 surviving Turks surrenders. The Russian victory is decisive for the outcome of the war and the Liberation of Bulgaria.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogy Mikko Salomaa
has been compiled by Mikko Salomaa
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Mikko Salomaa, "Genealogy Mikko Salomaa", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogy-mikko-salomaa/I6000000131594899833.php : accessed September 30, 2022), "Juho Juhonpoika Pelkonen (1877-????)".