- The temperature on August 18, 1864 was about 16.4 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the north-northwest. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 59%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from February 1, 1862 to February 10, 1866 the cabinet Thorbecke II, with Mr. J.R. Thorbecke (liberaal) as prime minister.
- In the year 1864: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- May 26 » Montana is organized as a United States territory.
- July 11 » American Civil War: Battle of Fort Stevens; Confederate forces attempt to invade Washington, D.C.
- July 20 » American Civil War: Battle of Peachtree Creek: Near Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate forces led by General John Bell Hood unsuccessfully attack Union troops under General William T. Sherman.
- August 5 » American Civil War: The Battle of Mobile Bay begins at Mobile Bay near Mobile, Alabama, Admiral David Farragut leads a Union flotilla through Confederate defenses and seals one of the last major Southern ports.
- October 19 » American Civil War: The Battle of Cedar Creek ends the last Confederate threat to Washington, DC.
- November 29 » American Indian Wars: Sand Creek massacre: Colorado volunteers led by Colonel John Chivington massacre at least 150 Cheyenne and Arapaho noncombatants inside Colorado Territory.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
The publication Genealogie Van Melzen
has been compiled by Anton van Melzen
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Anton van Melzen, "Genealogie Van Melzen", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-van-melzen/I102690.php : accessed November 27, 2021), "Derkje Duit (± 1842-????)".