Doopboek 4, pagina 22
NL-HaNA, DTB Katwijk, 3.04.16.061, inv.nr. 7 II, scan 38
Timeline Johannes (Japik) Meurs
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
Historical context (based on day of marriage November 20, 1774)
- The temperature on November 20, 1774 was about -1 °C. Wind direction mainly northeast. Weather type: geheel betrokken . Source: KNMI (weather station Zwanenburg/The Netherlands)
- 'Erfstadhouder Prins Willem V (Willem Batavus)' (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1751 till 1795 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as 'Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden')
- In the year 1774: Source: Wikipedia
- Intolerable Acts: The Quartering Act is enacted, allowing a governor in colonial America to house British soldiers in uninhabited houses, outhouses, barns, or other buildings if suitable quarters are not provided.
- Orangetown Resolutions adopted in the Province of New York, one of many protests against the British Parliament's Coercive Acts
- Russo-Turkish War, 1768-1774: Russia and the Ottoman Empire sign the Treaty of Kuchuk-Kainarji ending the war.