- Graaf Karel II (Oostenrijks Huis) was from 1515 till 1555 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Graafschap Holland)
- In the year 1553: Source: Wikipedia
- July 10 » Lady Jane Grey takes the throne of England.
- July 19 » Lady Jane Grey is replaced by Mary I of England as Queen of England after only nine days on the throne.
- August 13 » Michael Servetus is arrested by John Calvin in Geneva, Switzerland as a heretic.
- October 1 » Coronation of Queen Mary I of England.
- October 27 » Condemned as a heretic, Michael Servetus is burned at the stake just outside Geneva.
- December 25 » Battle of Tucapel: Mapuche rebels under Lautaro defeat the Spanish conquistadors and executes the governor of Chile, Pedro de Valdivia.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Richard Remmé, "Genealogy Richard Remmé, The Hague, Netherlands", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/genealogie-richard-remme/I310330.php : accessed January 24, 2022), "Jean Russelaert (Ruffelaert) (????-1553)".