Personal data John William Reaves
- He was born in the year 1724 in Virginia.Source 2
- He was baptized.Source 3
- He died in the year 1763, he was 39 years old.
Relationship John William Reaves
Ancestors (and descendant) of John William Reaves
Household of John William Reaves
He had a relationship with Prudence Harrelson
Notes by John William Reaves
Per notes on Solomon Reaves who left Virginia at age 21, (which calculates to abt 1775). Prudence therefor could not have been one of the party of 9 for which her father, Paul Harrelson, claimed land.
Since the father of William Reaves was born and died in Salem NJ, most likely William is not the son of Joseph and Ellinor. Per Joseph's will there sons Mark, Joseph, Samuel, Benjamin.
He could have been a grandson of Mark, the Immigrant and his first, unknown, wife, by one of his other sons, Charles or Mark.
E-mail from Susan Hunter 17 Apr 2006:
Susan mentions a notebook with some notes of her uncle:
Joel Sr. was the s/o Solomon Reaves b 1754 and Sarah Floyd. He movedto NC from SC. His parents were JOHN WILLIAMS Reaves and PrudenceHarrelson."
- , Vol XVI 1782-1783 State Records of North Carolina, Dorothy Powell
- Marion Banks McGee, family research
- Information from Jerome Amend, Msg 890, dated 11 Aug 2001 on Harrelson GenForum
Timeline John William Reaves
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Reaves
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname Reaves.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Reaves.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Reaves.