Personal data Joshua Pinkney Cox
Matches in other publications
This person also appears in the publication:
Ancestors (and descendant) of Joshua Pinkney Cox
Household of Joshua Pinkney Cox
He is married to (1) A. Lena Jenrette on November 23, 1882 at Columbus Co.,nc, he was 24 years old.Source 2
Informatoin from Marion McGee: 11/23/1882 - Pink COX , son of Isaac and Mosley Cox married Lena Jarrett, daughter of P.V. Jarret. Jusitce of teh Peace M. M. Harrelson - Columbus Co, NC. Recorded (Verified Dept of Archives-Raleigh, NC) JWPiver, Jr
Event 'Married by: ' on November 23, 1882 in M. M. Harrelson, Justice Of Peace.
He is married to (2) Mary Eliza Norris on November 29, 1888 at Columbus Co.,nc, he was 30 years old.Source 2
11.29.1888 - J. P. Cox, son of Isaac and Mosley Cox, married Mary E. Norris, daughter of Wm. and Sarah Norris. (Verified Dept. of Archives-Raleigh, NC) JWPiverJr
Notes by Joshua Pinkney Cox
In the 1910 Columbus County, census of South Williams Township, Joshua P. Cox, is listed as head of household # 204, with his wife Mary E., they are listed as married 22 years, Jousha P. Cox, is listed as being married two times, and Mary E., once, the oldest child in the household is listed as Nettie L. Cox, age 26, single, so she must be a child from the first marriage, Mary E., is listed as having had 2 children with to still living, they must be the Nathan H. Cox age 20. single, and Walter G. Cox, age 10, single listed as sons in the household, Joshua P. Cox, is listed as a farmer. (WSH)
More About Joshua Pinckney Cox:
1860 Census: 1860, Columbus Co , census, family # 1068
1870 Census: 1870, Columbus Co, NC, Williams Tws, # 37
1900 Census: 1900, S. Williams Tws, Columbus Co, # 94
1910 Census: 1910, S. Williams Tws, Columbus Co, NC, # 204
1920 Census: 1920, S. Williams Tws, Columbus Co, NC, # 170, Dist. # 36
A/k/a: " Pink "
Burial: Cox Cemetery, Horry County, SC
- Horry County, South Carolina Cemetery Records, Vol. 1, Waccamaw REcords
- Columbus Co., NC Marriage Records
Timeline Joshua Pinkney Cox
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Cox
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname Cox.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Cox.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Cox.
Historical context (based on day of marriage November 23, 1882)
- The temperature on November 23, 1882 was about 10.1 °C. There was 1 mm of rain. The air pressure was 5 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-southwest. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 95%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 20, 1879 to April 23, 1883 the cabinet Van Lijnden van Sandenburg, with Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (conservatief-AR) as prime minister.
- In the year 1882: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.5 million citizens.
- More than 100,000 inhabitants of Bombay are killed as a cyclone in the Arabian Sea pushes huge waves into the harbour.
- Robert Koch announces the discovery of mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacterium responsible for tuberculosis.
- The Nickel Plate Railroad opens for business.