Personal data William Monroe Cox
Matches in other publications
This person also appears in the publication:
Ancestors (and descendant) of William Monroe Cox
Household of William Monroe Cox
He is married to Lola Deorbie Wright on January 2, 1876 at Columbus Co.,nc, he was 21 years old.Source 1
- The couple has common ancestors.
Notes by William Monroe Cox
In the 1900 Columbus County, census of South Williams Township, William M. Cox, is listed as head of household # 89, with his wife Lola D., they are listed as married 24 years, and as having had 12 children with 9 still living, he is listed as a farmer.
In the 1910 Columbus County, census of South Williams Township, William M. Cox, is listed as head of household # 196, with his wife Lola D., they are listed as married 35 years, and as having had 12 children with 9 still living, he is listed as a farmer. (WSH)
More About William Monroe Cox:
1860 Census: 1860, Columbus Co, census, family # 1068
1870 Census: 1870, Williams Tws, Col. Co, # 37, Page # 5
1880 Census: 1880, Columbus Co, NC, Williams, Tws # 304
1900 Census: 1900, Columbus Co, NC, S. Williams, # 89
1910 Census: 1910, S. Williams Tws, Columbus Co, NC, # 196, Dist. # 34
1920 Census: 1920, S. Williams Tws, Col. Co, NC, # 222, Dist. # 36
A/k/a: " Bill "
- Columbus Co., NC Marriage Records
Marriage performed by Rev. N. J. Cox at the home of J. C. Wright, Columbus Co.
Timeline William Monroe Cox
Drag the timetable to go back or further in time (or use l and r). Click on the names for more info.
About the surname Cox
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname Cox.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Cox.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Cox.
Historical context (based on day of marriage January 2, 1876)
- The temperature on January 2, 1876 was about 4.9 °C. The air pressure was 1 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the west-northwest. The airpressure was 77 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 86%. Source: KNMI (weather station Utrecht/The Netherlands)
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From August 27, 1874 till November 3, 1877 the Netherlands had a cabinet Heemskerk - Van Lijnden van Sandenburg with the prime ministers Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief) and Mr. C.Th. baron Van Lijnden van Sandenburg (AR).
- In the year 1876: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- Alexander Graham Bell makes the first successful telephone call by saying "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you."
- Ottoman sultan Abd-ul-Aziz is deposed and succeeded by his nephew Murat V.
- In Northfield, Minnesota, Jesse James and the James-Younger Gang attempt to rob the town's bank but are driven off by armed citizens.