- The temperature on May 23, 1873 was about 12.3 °C. There was 3 mm of rain. The air pressure was 15 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the south-southwest. The airpressure was 75 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 95%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From July 6, 1872 till August 27, 1874 the Netherlands had a cabinet De Vries - Fransen van de Putte with the prime ministers Mr. G. de Vries Azn. (liberaal) and I.D. Fransen van de Putte (liberaal).
- In the year 1873: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 4.0 million citizens.
- February 18 » Bulgarian revolutionary leader Vasil Levski is executed by hanging in Sofia by the Ottoman authorities.
- April 13 » The Colfax massacre, in which more than 60 black men are murdered, takes place.
- May 20 » Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis receive a U.S. patent for blue jeans with copper rivets.
- August 2 » The Clay Street Hill Railroad begins operating the first cable car in San Francisco's famous cable car system.
- August 30 » Austrian explorers Julius von Payer and Karl Weyprecht discover the archipelago of Franz Josef Land in the Arctic Sea.
- October 3 » Chief Kintpuash and companions are hanged for their part in the Modoc War of northern California.
Tip: herlaad deze pagina voor een nieuwe selectie van gebeurtenissen vanuit Wikipedia.
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Pieter C. Bismeijer, "Bißmeyer-Bissmeyer-Bismeyer-Bismeijer Family", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/bismeijer-family/I145053.php : accessed December 11, 2023), "Jennigjen Gerrits (1849-????)".