- Bidprentje, verzameling Stg. De Oude Schoenendoos
About the surname Derks
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname Derks.
- Check the information Open Archives has about Derks.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching Derks.
- The temperature on May 17, 1868 was about 19.0 °C. The air pressure was 11 kgf/m2 and came mainly from the northeast. The airpressure was 76 cm mercury. The atmospheric humidity was 57%. Source: KNMI
- Koning Willem III (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1849 till 1890 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- From June 1, 1866 till June 4, 1868 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Zuijlen van Nijevelt - Heemskerk with the prime ministers Mr. J.P.J.A. graaf Van Zuijlen van Nijevelt (AR) and Mr. J. Heemskerk Azn. (conservatief).
- From June 4, 1868 till January 4, 1871 the Netherlands had a cabinet Van Bosse - Fock with the prime ministers Mr. P.P. van Bosse (liberaal) and Mr. C. Fock (liberaal).
- In the year 1868: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 3.6 million citizens.
- April 10 » At Arogee in Abyssinia, British and Indian forces defeat an army of Emperor Tewodros II. While 700 Ethiopians are killed and many more injured, only two British/Indian troops die.
- May 30 » Decoration Day (the predecessor of the modern "Memorial Day") is observed in the United States for the first time (by "Commander-in-chief of the Grand Army of the Republic" John A. Logan's proclamation on May 5).
- June 10 » Mihailo Obrenović III, Prince of Serbia is assassinated.
- September 19 » La Gloriosa begins in Spain.
- December 11 » Paraguayan War: Brazilian troops defeat Paraguayan at the Battle of Avay.
- December 25 » Pardons for ex-Confederates: United States President Andrew Johnson grants an unconditional pardon to all Confederate veterans.
- The temperature on November 1, 1931 was between 1.9 °C and 10.0 °C and averaged 6.5 °C. There was 0.4 mm of rain during 0.6 hours. The average windspeed was 3 Bft (moderate breeze) and was prevailing from the south-southwest. Source: KNMI
- Koningin Wilhelmina (Huis van Oranje-Nassau) was from 1890 till 1948 sovereign of the Netherlands (also known as Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
- In The Netherlands , there was from August 10, 1929 to May 26, 1933 the cabinet Ruys de Beerenbrouck III, with Jonkheer mr. Ch.J.M. Ruys de Beerenbrouck (RKSP) as prime minister.
- In the year 1931: Source: Wikipedia
- The Netherlands had about 7.9 million citizens.
- February 3 » The Hawke's Bay earthquake, New Zealand's worst natural disaster, kills 258.
- March 11 » Ready for Labour and Defence of the USSR, abbreviated as GTO, is introduced in the Soviet Union.
- March 19 » Gambling is legalized in Nevada.
- July 1 » Wiley Post and Harold Gatty become the first people to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engined monoplane aircraft.
- November 7 » The Chinese Soviet Republic is proclaimed on the anniversary of the October Revolution.
- November 22 » Al-Mina'a SC is founded in Iraq.
- 1864 » Ante Trumbić, Croatian lawyer and politician, 27th Mayor of Split († 1938)
- 1864 » Louis Richardet, Swiss target shooter († 1923)
- 1866 » Erik Satie, French pianist and composer († 1925)
- 1868 » Horace Elgin Dodge, American businessman, co-founded Dodge († 1920)
- 1868 » Panagis Tsaldaris, Greek politician, Prime Minister of Greece († 1936)
- 1870 » Newton Moore, Australian politician, 8th Premier of Western Australia († 1936)
- 1814 » Alexander Samoylov, Russian general and politician, Russian Minister of Justice (b. 1744)
- 1888 » Nikolay Przhevalsky, Russian geographer and explorer (b. 1838)
- 1894 » Alexander III of Russia (b. 1845)
- 1903 » Theodor Mommsen, German archaeologist, journalist, and politician, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1817)
- 1907 » Alfred Jarry, French author and playwright (b. 1873)
- 1925 » Max Linder, French actor, director, screenwriter, producer and comedian (b. 1883)