Personal data Gervase AVENAL
- He was born about 1140 in Dumfries-shire, Scotland.
- He died in the year 1219 in Eskdale, Dumfries-shire, Scotland.
Ancestors (and descendant) of Gervase AVENAL
Household of Gervase AVENAL
He had a relationship with Sybil _____.
Notes about Gervase AVENAL
Gervase Avenel (died 1219), Lord of Eskdale and Abercorn was a 12th-13th century noble. He served as Justiciar in Lothian between 1206 until 1215 and served as Constable of Roxburgh Castle. He was a son of Robert Avenel and Sybil. Gervase was buried in the Chapter House of Melrose Abbey.
Marriage and issue
Gervase married Sybil, of unknown parentage, and is known to have the following issue:
Roger Avenel (died 1243)
People of Medieval Scotland Gervase Avenel, lord of Eskdale (d.1219), accessed 3 October 2018.
Timeline Gervase AVENAL
Click on the names for more info.
About the surname AVENAL
- View the information that Genealogie Online has about the surname AVENAL.
- Check the information Open Archives has about AVENAL.
- Check the Wie (onder)zoekt wie? register to see who is (re)searching AVENAL.
The publication Ancestral Trails 2016
has been compiled by Patti Lee Salter
When copying data from this family tree, please include a reference to the origin:
Patti Lee Salter, "Ancestral Trails 2016", database, Genealogy Online (https://www.genealogieonline.nl/ancestral-trails-2016/I118826.php : accessed July 28, 2021), "Gervase AVENAL (± 1140-1219)".